PREFACE, INTRODUCTORY & ESTABLISHMENT OF HUMAN RIGHTS INSTITUTIONS & UNITS
As a new and dynamic Organization, WCHR has adopted a unique holistic approach, towards advocacy for Human Rights and Development. By adopting this approach, WCHR has produced tremendous results, particularly in the most backward areas of the country like Tirah area of Federally Administered Tribal Areas of Pakistan (FATA/PATA), banking solely on support of our activists and active participation of the local communities.
- This was really a difficult and momentous task, but with the commitment and active support of our members and activists we have achieved a tremendous success in establishing strong linkage with local communities at the grass-root level, creating awareness about their rights for empowering them politically and economically.
- A part from that WCHR has established, the Institute of Human Rights Studies (IHRS), in Islamabad for the promotion of human rights education across Pakistan. Keeping in view our effective work and initiative, WCHR expect support from all of organizations in the form of sharing experiences, information and technical support. This initiative will result in exploring and exploiting new ways and means in our cooperative endeavors in future. We are sure that all the organizations will respond positively to our request for promoting understanding and cooperation between us.
- We hope that all the Organizations and other international agencies will encourage and support our organization in its efforts to protect human rights and promote solutions for the creation of a better, more tolerant and free society in Pakistan. As a matter of fact almost all the national and international organizations working for human rights are silent over the extremely poor human rights situation in FATA/PATA.
- The old and out-dated colonial administrative setup and education system in FATA/PATA is specially considered to be responsible for all socio-economic, political and administrative ills of this tribal society. FATA/PATA needs a change but the question arises that who will play the role of a catalyst to bring the change and how?.
- The WCHR having close grass-roots level links within tribal community is making all out efforts to address the problems of this ever neglected and backward area of Pakistan. WCHR if supported by International donor agencies, can change the destiny of the people of FATA/PATA.
- To address FATA/PATA problems, WCHR has organized many walks, seminars, conferences and workshops to create awareness and educate the people of FATA/PATA. As a trend setter, WCHR now intends to organize a, first ever "Grand Tribal activists and students to participate in this convention and share their knowledge, experiences and views with on tribal reforms.
- One of the main objectives of WCHR is to bring the Tribal Areas at par with settled areas of Pakistan. FATA/PATA presently needs roads, electricity, telephones, schools, hospitals, clean drinking water, and industries. We give an open invitation to Government and international agencies to come forward and help us in bringing social change in FATA/PATA in order to alleviate the sufferings of poor tribesmen. WCHR appeals to the government to ensure the protection and preservation of Human Rights, particularly the rights of women and children in FATA/PATA and enact laws to the same effect.
- We also request the government to allow and support NGOs in FATA/PATA and allow and encourage International Agencies to support the grass-root level community-based Organization in FATA/PATA, so that a social change is brought by the people themselves with their own participation and contribution rather than imposed arrangement.
WCHR wants the people of FATA/PATA to be empowered and give full democratic and political rights and freedoms. We demand constitutional changes that can allow the superior courts to operate in FATA/PATA and empower the Parliament to legislate for FATA/PATA rather than running the affairs of FATA/PATA through Presidential Orders and Ordinance.
Hikamt shah afridi
In the year 1999, some fair-well, indomitable and passioned citizens, having close contacts with NGOs communities and sublime with the purpose in mind, established World Commission on Human Rights (WCHR) to “Serve and Fight” to safeguard the human rights. This is an independent Non-Profit, Non-Political and Nongovernmental
Organization with objectives to protect and promote Human Rights in all aspects/fields of life including;
- Health Awareness Education and HealthCare Services.
- Civics rights Awareness (Basic life styles promotion)
- Education with Emphasis on Adult Literacy
- Education amongst Female Community
- Computer Knowledge/Literacy & Education
- Environment Protection with Pollution Control,
- Awareness Campaigns
To start this was not an easy task, but with the commitment and active support of our members and activists, we achieved tremendous success in establishing strong linkage with the communities at the grass-root level, creating awareness about their rights to empower them, both geo-politically and socio-economically. WCHR is promoting a unique holistic approach-combining Human Rights Advocacy with physical development initiative. By adopting this approach, WCHR h a s a c h i e v e d tremendous success with encouraging results, particularly in the most backward areas of the country like Federally Administrated Tribal Areas (FATA) and Provincially Administered Tribal Areas (PATA) of Pakistan. This great national service was only possible with all members' self financed support without obtaining or asking any sort of financial or technical assistance from any national or international donor agency. It is on record that without getting a single penny from any corner/agency, WCHR has ser ved the communities with such great achievements.
There is a strong belief that sharing experiences
and information by developing liaisons in
enhancing the technical capabilities of different
NGOs will remarkably improve the service
capabilities and strengths of NGOs sector.
Therefore, it would really be encouraging and
advisable to share our information with others,
which may result in exploring new ways and means
in our cooperative endeavors in future. WCHR is
interested in sharing its experiences and
information with other NGOs and expects the
same from others. Hopefully, the NGOs sector will
respond positively to our sincere endeavors of
promoting and understanding the sense of cooperation
within NGO Communities.
Keeping our ten years performance in view, we
hope that the international agencies will
encourage and support our organization in its
efforts to protect human rights and promote
solutions for their very basic and common
problems and issues. It aims at creation of
Healthier, Civilized, Liberal and peaceful Society in
- To establish a Tribal University in Shahkas Khyber Agency (FATA).
- To establish two degree colleges for Male in eachAgency.
- To establish technical college for Male and Female in each Agency.
- To establish seven hundred Dug Wells for clean drinking water plus water tanks in FATA.
- To establish unit / centers for Detoxification and treatment of drug addicts.
- Establishing Diagnostic centers and Laboratory in Tirah (FATA).
- Establishment of 30 Community Health Centers (CHC) at FATA for which, WCHR needs 15 Ambulances for transporting serious and emergency patients to higher-level health
facilities (DHQ and Tertiary Hospitals) at Cities.
- Establishing 12 BHU in FATA.
- Establishing 40 Vocational skills imparting Center in FATA.
- Establishing 60 Primary Schools, 40 for boys and 20 for girls in FATA.
- Establishing 10 Poly Technique Institutes in FATA.
- Establishing 30 Stitching and handicrafts centers for female in FATA.
To manage free distribution of Sewing Machines to poor women, girls and widows.